The Marshall Street Bakery is a 23 unit project in the Western section of Jackson Ward located at the corner of Brook Road and Marshall Street. The Bakery shares top billing on the corner with the Emrick Flats condos, located directly across Marshall Street in the W 100 block.
The Marshall Street Bakery was purchased by a local development group for conversion into 23 residential units and roughly 3000 SF of commercial space at the street level. It offered 25+ parking spaces and a large courtyard that each unit in the rear of the property focused itself upon.
Some things to keep in mind when looking at the MSBC:
- The roof deck has some awesome views for a 4 story property
- The parking is tight.
- The bedrooms are small but the living spaces are larger
- The tax abatement is very large as a percentage of the assessed value
- It is one of the only properties of its size with an exercise facility
- It is in the heart of the First Friday Art Walk
A list of properties for sale in The Marshall Street Bakery as well as elsewhere in Jackson Ward can be found here.